The NHS App is available on iOS and Android. To use it you must be aged 13 and over and registered with a GP surgery in England. Find out more about who can use the NHS App.
Once installed the app will guide you through the process of registration so you will not need to contact the practice directly. For more information visit Getting started with the NHS App.
Use the NHS App to:
- get your NHS COVID Pass – view and share your COVID Pass for places in England that have chosen to use this service and travel abroad
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions - see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments - search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- get health advice - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your health record - securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations
- register your organ donation decision - choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data - choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
- view your NHS number - find out what your NHS number is
This system does not allow you or anyone to see or alter your medical record. However, should you pass on your login details to anybody else, they will have access to some very personal information about you. You are responsible for any information that you download, print or share with others, and if you think that somebody else might have gained access to your login details, please inform the practice immediately and we will disable this function. Please keep your login details safe – our staff will never ask you for it.
All doctors are accessible through this service but you can only book a 10-minute slot and so this system cannot be used to book appointments for the following.
- Lots/complicated problems
- Coil fitting or check
- Childcare checks
- Ante-natal or post-natal
- Private medicals
- Forms requiring completion
Appointments can be cancelled, even if they have not been made on-line.
You can inform us of address or telephone information. Please note mobile phones are increasingly used to contact patients and although we have a policy of not identifying the target by name messages may be left. Please ensure that your mobile number is updated as soon as it changes.
Repeat Prescription Requests
These are only possible when:
- medication already exists on our system (ie issued at least once from UNHS)
- a review is not due
- the medication has not been requested too recently
Repeats by this system allow you to collect the paper prescription from our desk 48 (working) hours after the internet request. When distant from the practice (holidays) prescriptions can only be sent if we have a self-addressed STAMPED envelope.